I started a new chapter in my life recently and I'm pretty happy about what's going on lately. Solo traveled (sort of) to New Orleans, LA for the first time and experienced that side of the south. Long story short, I had so much fun and I ate & drank a lot.
Here are some highlights of the trip and misc thoughts:
- New Orleans "open drinking policy" blew my mind away. It's completely normal to take your drink from the bar and walk down the street.
- Some of the best full bodied southern food I've ever eaten.
- Ended up going to a Friendsgiving with 40 other random strangers having the best time together.
- Pass the Pigs is probably the best time killer/group game to do virtually anywhere. Going to start bringing it everywhere I go
- Weather was gorgeous when I was there (70F~) but got lit up by mosquito's. That was not fun.
- Took more video footage than photo's (see video above!)
- The jazz was more dancey and poppier which I like a lot.
- Ate and drank more than I should've but that's pretty normal down there, right?
- Happy to catch up with an old childhood friend, hang out with her fiance, and making other new friends.
- Chambong'ed too many rounds of champagne and bought friends their first porron to self pour wine into your mouth (they never done it before).
I made a video montage of my trip. It's nothing too special. You'll notice there's more drinking footage and my face cringing after doing a few founds of Chambong's.